Jan 31, 2011

Cuddle-Bug

generally, you would never hear me say "my baby girls is such a cuddler!" but this past week or so, it's actually been true. aria is finally learning to snuggle.

now, i'm not really sure how much of this has to do with teething and the fact we were sick last week, but it's been nice to have her snuggle up to me and just lay there...without using me as a jungle gym, pulling off my glasses (and sometimes hair) and jumping out of my arms to chew on the remote control. i'm hoping this all has more to do with her learning attachment than her being sick; she's always been very attached to her father and whenever he's around she's rarely content to be held/played with by anyone else...until recently. it appears my child might actually like me. she smiled at me the other day when i picked her up from the babysitters and when i got her out of bed yesterday morning, she hugged me rather than trying to climb out of my arms into her play saucer! it was a big moment.

but last night was the biggest thrill moment for me in a while...she fell asleep while i was holding her. now, to some most of you, that does seem to be a big deal. but if you know aria, you realize how big of a deal it actually is. besides being the most energetic child you've ever met, she's also slightly ....er... distracted. by everything. but last night she relaxed, got cozy in my arms and fell right asleep. it's like she's finally figuring out that she's safe. and there's no greater feeling than your content sleeping baby in your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!