Feb 22, 2011

Tragedy and Thanksgiving

Recently, I've heard of several tragedies of parents losing their babies - 3 in the past 5 days, actually. This breaks my heart - I cannot imagine the pain and hurt that they are going through. While some parents knew their precious angel was sick, others had no idea and were shocked by the passing of their babies. While we know these little ones are in heaven now, it's still so very painful for those who are going through this horrible loss. I've been praying all day for these 3 families all day, and encourage you do to that same.

All this tragic news has considerably deepened my love and thanksgiving for my baby girl. Every time I heard of yet another child passing, I went and held Aria and told her how much I loved her. She may not understand all my blabberings and why I'm crying when playing with her, but I can't help thinking about how God has blessed me with the most beautiful baby girl who has completely changed my life for the better - I can't imagine life without her. Some days, when Aria has spit up all over the carpet, blown out a couple diapers and hasn't stopped crying all day (kinda sounds like today actually...) I feel anything but blessed and thankful, but there are parents right now who would give anything to be able to change their baby's diaper again. Today, make sure you thank God for your kids - even if they dumped a 5 lb. bag of flour all over the kitchen floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!