Mar 29, 2012

The Redesign Into the Big Girl Room

Since we're (hopefully) getting ready to move, I've been looking at all sorts of ideas for Aria's room. While I love her current room, it's just really not "her." It's sweet and soft and soothing, and if you've been reading here for any amount of time, you understand that Aria's just not "soft and soothing." So I've been looking on Pinterest to get ideas for her new room (another good reason I give when I've spent hours on there!) I would really like to do bright, fun colors, and since she's still quite girly, I'm thinking hot pink with teal and lime green would fit her perfectly. I've recently found a theme that I've fallen in love with. 
Source
I'm hoping that I will be "artistic" enough to pull it off lol. The only thing I would change here is switch out the yellow for the lime green. I haven't decided what I want to do with her furniture yet, since it's currently painted the same pastel colors as her walls. She'll also inhabit my old daybed once the baby comes. (I can't believe she's almost old enough for a "big girl bed!") You can see the original blogpost for this GORGEOUS bedroom by clicking here. This woman's eye for design is fantastic.

When did your kids get their "big kid rooms?" Did they, or their unique little personality help design the room, or did you plan it yourself? How often have your kids changed their bedrooms? I remember my middle brother had the same one all the way through, but the baby brother changed his ALL the time - maybe that has to do with personalities? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!