May 26, 2012

Oops...

It's been almost 2 solid months since I've written, and while I have all the excuses in the world, if you actually keep up with my blog, you clearly see the issue is not with my schedule but rather with me. I'm just not a great daily blogger lol. So we'll skip with the usual formal apologies and get right to it.

Today is the big Gender Reveal for our family of what Baby #2 is going to be. I'm pretty stoked. Everything's sitting out my table ready to go over to my in-laws, the cupcakes are in the oven and.... it's pouring outside. It was supposed to be a 30% chance of rain and it hasn't stopped all morning. I'm just holding out hope that it'll stop sometime before 7pm.

Aria has certainly been growing up these past couple months. Just looking at pictures from a month ago, her face already looks so much older. She's still babbling all the time, but she uses a lot of real words, and is usually very good at communicating exactly what she wants/ needs. She says" pwees" and "tank yoo," and "luh loo" (love you.) She can ask for her blanket, pacifier or even a nap. She finally is understanding the difference between milk, juice and water. She can tell us when she's done eating and tells (and signs) to us when she's hungry. She's really getting the hang of throwing and kicking a ball and has finally started playing with dolls, although she still prefers Elmo to just about anything. She sings all the time, which is probably my favorite. She still holds her odd fascination with shoes and socks, and I usually find various pairs of shoes all over the house - in my dresser drawers, under couch cushions, in my bed and even inside my crock pot. 

So many things change so fast, and it blows my mind how fast these past 22 months with her have gone. Soon there will be two of them growing up at lighting speed. 

Here are some shots of life from the past couple of months.


Taking a picture of herself on Uncle Trev's phone

Easter Sunday

First Easter egg hunt 

Building a block city on top of the toilet

discovering innovative new ways to dress herself  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!