Aug 8, 2012

Fashionista on a Budget

Ok, so I'm not exactly a "fashionista." I have never been one who can walk into a thrift store (or any sotre for that matter, honestly) and just put together a fabulous outfit. Unless it's already on the mannequin. Then I am all over that! But I do love fashion and I do love to decorate. A lot. Which is hard when you have nigh unto zero monies. I felt like I did an OK job with what I had when we moved into the apartment, but now we're moving into a bigger home. That means more walls, more rooms and a lot more money. Especially since we'll be replacing the Leopard print carpet immediately. Carpet and flooring aren't cheap, ya' know. 

So, I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest, looking for cheap ideas that look really nice. And since I'm pregnant and won't exactly be able to do a lot of painting or scaling the walls, I need to make it simple, or I'm going to freak out the hubby. I have never been so thankful for Pinterest than when I started looking at my decorating budget and everything that needed to be done. 

I thought I would share some of my "finds" on here for those of you in a similar predicament as myself. You can also find everything I've found and loved on my Pinterest board "Decorating on a Budget." Please note, I haven't tried these ideas yet, but plan to in the next couple of weeks. I'll update on which ones work well and which ones were a flop. (To see my post on "Productive Pinteresting" click here.) Another note, not all of these had working links on Pinterest, so I tried to add my own directions. We'll see how that goes lol.

What ideas from Pitnerest have you used to spruce up your home on a budget? Which ones were a bust? Which ones would you recommend? Would LOVE to hear feedback on any of these ideas that you've tried. 


I have posted this idea before and can't
wait to try it. She has a great tut on it so
so click here :)

This one didn't have a link or tut
attached, but the pin said it was simply
a piece of wood, padding, pretty fabric
and 4 chair legs you can get at Lowe's for
about $5 each. Sounds easy enough, right?

I'm so in love with this idea, and plan
to do it in our new living room.
Great tut here.

I'm hoping I can use the same concept
from the above large canvas idea
for this sheet music art to put above my piano.

Ikea lamp + sheet music = brilliance.

How to turn outdated laminate
counter tops into a chic granite alternative.
Step by step tut here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!