Aug 2, 2012

Mommy/Daughter Dates

The farther I get into this pregnancy, the more I get worried about having a new baby in the house. How will Aria react to a new little one? Am I ready of TWO of these tiny humans? Will I be able to spend time with both of them the way I want to?
Aria chilling at the pool like mommy :)
I've heard these worries are perfectly normal, and I sure hope it is. One of the big things that will change is obviously how much time I'll be able to spend with Aria. While I know that I will LOVE having a new infant to snuggle with, there's still a little bit of sadness that I won't get to spend as much one-on-one time with my baby girl.

In order to ease my guilt about this matter, I've purposefully been trying to do things just with her, or even just spend more time with her during the day. She really does prefer to play by herself when it comes down to it, but if I make an effort, she will eventually include me in whatever she's doing. I especially like sitting in her big rocking chair with her, reading book after book. ("Book after book" is far better than the alternative, same book 137 x's in a row, which also occasionally happens.)
Aria enjoying her monster cookie
from Starbucks

One day earlier this summer, we had one of our special mommy/daughter dates. We had to go somewhere mundane - honestly, I  don't remember exactly where - but I decided to make it special, and took a detour to Starbuck's on our way home. They have these huge oatmeal raisin cookies that Aria just thinks are the bomb. For the duration of this pregnancy, I'm not really allowed to drunk much coffee, so Chai was on the menu for me - another one of Aria's favorites, courtesy of Mimi's spoilings. It was so nice outside, we sat at their picnic tables with our cookies and my Chai, and "talked." It was great. I can't wait till she's older, and we can chat for real. She was so adorable trying to get the chai up the straw and the cookie was bigger than her face.

I plan on taking her to the Detroit Zoo before the summer is up, and we've been taking lots of trips to the pool, just the two of us. Sometimes, I'll take her outside to play with bubbles and run around, and even a trip to Meijer can be a huge event for her, thanks to Sandy the Horse still only costing a penny to ride. It's these little memories that she may never remember, but I'll always have them to cherish. And soon, we'll have double the memories to make :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!