Mar 31, 2011

Parent's Time Out

Yep, sometimes Mommy and Daddy need a time out, too. And with that in mind, Josh and I are taking this weekend for our time out.

I think one of the most important things we can do for our kids is have a happy marriage, and constantly stressed out, sleep deprived (and adult-conversation deprived) parents don't make for a happy marriage. Babies as young as a couple weeks old have demonstrated an aversion to stressed out or tense parents (I learned that this was why Aria always went to Josh after she got her shots - she could sense how upset I was.) And I'm sure we all know that if we never get some "date time" with our hubby's (or wives, if you're a man reading this) than things can get wonky. Most marriage experts (and married people in general) advise a date night once a week even with kids. Now, if your kids are anything like my one child, this doesn't happen like it should. Even if your kid is relatively "low maintenance," you still have to find a babysitter, no one can be sick, and there can't be anything else going on...good luck. But still, we try to have at least one point in our week where it's just us; whether that's sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn watching a movie, or if it actually means going out to a restaurant fro a nice, quiet meal. Whatever fits into your schedule - take it!

Josh and I are taking this to the extreme this weekend and taking off for Chicago :) We're actually celebrating our first anniversary and my birthday. I'm excited - it'll be really nice to get away for a few days and just hang out, just the 2 of us... and now having to lug around the baby carrier (cuz lemme tell ya' - that thing is getting heavy!)

Josh and I when we first started dating 
Date night last summer to a Tiger's game - something we try to do a couple times a summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!