Mar 24, 2011

Peaceful Parties....and the Not-So-Peaceful Ones...

Last Thursday also marked the first time I ever took Aria to a Thirty-One party without having my mom there to babysit. And probably the last. Aria's just getting to that point where strangers are kinda scary, but not as scary as Mommy handing her over to strangers and walking away. Let me tell ya', it was quite an ordeal. Fortunately, my wonderful hostess, Mary, willingly held her and walked around with her while I did my presentation and games and her daughters played with Aria and helped keep her distracted when I couldn't hold her. Like I said, most likely the last time she'll be coming without someone she knows to watch her for quite a while. Thankfully, the next night at a party, my mom was there, as was a cello-playing boy whom Aria was fascinated with (both the cello and the boy) and many people there she had met before. Oh, and a granite counter top which she discovered is the most fun thing in the world to crawl on. Wood floors? Still not her favorite... Thanks, mom for watching Aria and saving me from the stress of the previous night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!