Mar 24, 2011

Peas are Good Part 2

I know, I know, I've been a delinquent momblogger, but things have been kinda nuts. Don't worry, if you're rally all that interested, I'll be playing catch-up all day, so you won't have missed much :)

Last week, I tried making my own baby food. Actually, I must say I succeeded at making my own baby food. And I'm quite proud of myself :) We were able ti inherit a baby food processor from some friends who had outgrown there before Aria was born, so I decided to give it a shot. A can of peas, 2 scoops of formula and a couple Tbls of rice cereal later and Aria had lunch. (Yes, I put formula in all her baby food - if you want to know why, email and ask me sometime.) She loved ate it. Actually, she put away a whole bowl full, which surprised me. I've purchased some more peas and canned yams (apparently they don't can squash or sweet potatoes...) so we'll keep experimenting and making our own food. It's kinda fun, as long as you have the time and it's WAY cheaper. And I know what's going in it, which makes me feel better :)

Have any of my readers who are actually still reading my blog :P made their own baby food and have suggestions or ideas that worked for you and your baby? Please share :)

Pizza will not be going into the food processor anytime soon, much to Aria's disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. I made about 90% of Jen's baby food. I think you are on the right track. (If I would have known Aria was coming, I wouldn't have gotten rid of our "baby food maker" last year. Yes, I just got rid of it last year. Truly. *rolls eyes*)

    For us it was really nice once we'd introduced all the foods in a recipe, I could just take that recipe for all of us and grind hers so she could have the same dinner as the rest of us. Aria is a bit young for that advantage but trust me, in time you'll love it. So much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!