Mar 28, 2011

Priceless Pictures and Making Them Perfect

I just wanted to post about this really quickly, since I've had so many people ask.

As most of my friends know, I'm slightly obsessed with taking pictures of Aria, but it's something I think is important. Memories are so precious, and when Aria is older, I still want to remember these precious little moments and quirky things she does. I also love decorating my home with pictures. Now, this has been rather difficult with our apartment, since I'll have to fill in all those nail holes when we move out (I'm still looking into those 3M picture hangers) and that is just not something I want to deal with during a move. That aside, I still feel that the most personal way to decorate your place is with the moments that have turned that "living space" into a home. That said, I'm not a huge fan of putting random snap shots upon the wall that look tacky. Making things cohesive by using all black and white or sepia tone, for example, is a great way to make every day shots fit into a space. Some pictures also need a little more touching or would simply look better that way. For all these fixes, I use Picnik - a fabulous, free program that you use in your browser to edit and store pictures. Now, if you're an "artsy" type person, this may not be for you; it's not extremely advanced and may frustrate those of you who are used to more control (Yes, little brother, I'm referring to you ;) ) but for amateurs like me, this is a great way to make your photos look a little better :)

Here's a couple pictures I have edited with the program to give you an idea of what you can do.

http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome







1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Beautiful precious baby! I am Miriam and I am your newest follower! Hope you can stop by my blog soon! Looking forward to more posts! Have a good day!

    productjunkiemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!