May 23, 2011

Social Butterfly

Around 8-10 months (right where Aria is right now) is the point when most parents start reporting separation anxiety, shyness around strangers and attachment to material things (think "blankie" "teddy" etc.) Well, Aria is definitely experiencing separation anxiety and attachment to her blankie, but that whole "shyness around strangers" thing... yeahno. Sometimes I think Aria actually enjoys leaving us for a while and hanging out with other people lol. I noticed this again yesterday when we dropped her off at the nursery with people she'd never met before. Of course, I as the mommy was very nervous about this - we all want to make sure our kids are receiving the best care and attention, and leaving them with people you don't know - even in a church nersery - can be cause for apprehension.

Being a smaller church (and a nursery with only 2 babies) I was able to stop by and see her in between Sunday school and the church service. The lady with Aria on her lap said "Aria, there's mommy - do you want to see mommy really quickly?" To my surprise, Aria just looked at her, looked at me and went back to playing with her toy and the other baby. Success.

Sometimes I worry that Aria doesn't get enough social interaction being an only child and since I haven't enrolled her in any kind of "play time" programs, but it's times like these when I can watch her playing with other kids and toys and being content without Josh and I being there that assures me that she's going to be just fine :)

Aria waving "hi!" to the camera while playing with Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!