Nov 28, 2011

Playing Nice with Others

 Unfortunately, due to the childlessness of the majority of my close friends, Aria doesn't get the chance for a lot of play dates. She does go to our nursery at church every Sunday and Wednesday, but I really don't get her see her interact with other kids, because I'm not in the nursery with her. So this Thanksgiving, I was eager to see how she would play with my cousin's younger daughter, Grace. We've always taught Aria to "share" with us, but how well would it work with another baby? One who couldn't chase her down for that toy like daddy can? Well, I'm happy to report that she did very well. In fact, I think she was very entertained by Grace and vice versa. They ended up playing with the same toys and "reading" the same books with only one memorable incident of Aria taking Grace's toy. We also kept on the lookout with Aria's curious fingers attempting to take out Grace's eyeballs, but (to my knowledge) such an incident did not occur, for which all four parents involved are very grateful, I'm sure.

Checking each other out

"Hey mom, I like this whole playing together thing!"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!