Dec 23, 2011

Baking with Baby

I must admit, I kinda laughed at myself for putting"baby" in the title, because Aria is definitely not a baby anymore! *sniff sniff* Getting ready for Christmas has always meant lots of baking and cooking for our family, and this year it's been weird for me to be the one in the kitchen instead of my mom. I started out slow - ranch dill oyster crackers and Golden Club Crackers. These have always been some of my favorites since I was little, so I though Aria and I could start her young on these Christmas staples. While Aria isn't a great help right now, as I've said before, the earlier you get your kids at least comfortable in the kitchen, the more comfortable they'll be helping you bake and cook, which will in turn expand their palette and make them less picky eaters. Aria loves trying things I'm working on when she's sitting there if for no other reason than to just be involved. Today was no exception, so she got to snack on a few oyster crackers, club crackers, almonds and coconut while I worked on putting those ingredients together to make "tasty treats," as they are called in our house. Hopefully, after nap time, we'll get some sugar cookies baked up as well :)


Stirring up the butter and sugar mixture for the Golden Club Crackers

Mixing up the dill dressing for the oyster crackers. We're working on keeping
 the whisk down instead of flinging it (and the contents of the bowl)
all through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!