Dec 14, 2011

Mommy's Winter Survival Kit


I was recently reading a friend's blog, and she had made a list of things that make surviving through the winter months more manageable. I decided to do the same. Winter can be dark and dreary, in addition to cold and dry, especially up here in Michigan. We all need a few little things to perk us up or to keep us from shriveling away. So here's my Winter survival kit for mommies.

Good music is always a must, but especially during the winter. It doesn't
have to be on an iPod, obviously. You can break out some favorite CD's for some
Christmas fun with your family or maybe some silly songs to dance around the house
with the kids. Anything to break out of the winter blues.

I love my Scentsy. I really can't say enough about them. This is just
1 or 3 currently in my home. Having to keep all the windows closed up
during the winter, plus all the dry heat can make for some stuffy, smelly conditions.
With Scentsy, I just just throw some scented wax in the warmer, flip on the lovely
glowing light, and it automatically feels homier. 

I have incredibly dry, but acne-prone skin. Winter just wreaks havoc all
over my face. I love the Almay eye make-up remover, because it works VERY
well, but doesn't dry out skin. It's also made for sensitive skin, so I can even
use it with my contacts in. I also love Garnier's Skin Renew moisturizer. Doesn't clog
pores, doesn't stay greasy on your skin. It's velvety smooth and absorbs very fast.
It also helps my make-up go on a lot smoother in the winter months.


You just can't go through a cold winter without a big, soft blanket.
This is mine right here. Big, chunky knit red blankey. I bought it at Meijer,
seriously. I'm in love with cable knit right now, so it's really hitting the spot :)


Books, in general are a must for winter, but ESPECIALLY these books.
I have never been disappointed by a Lillian Jackson Braun "The Cat Who"
book. There's about 30 in this marvelous series, and I just can't get enough of them.
Mystery, comedy and a little Upper Michigan history and trivia. It doesn't get
better than these books. Seriously, try them out.


I just got my Keurig as an early Christmas present and I already
can't live without it. It makes tea, coffee and hot chocolate
by pressing one button. Super easy for movie night to whip up
some hot cocoa for the fam or a morning coffee for you. 



Chocolate is always a necessity, but something about winter warrants
for dark chocolate especially. Or maybe it's me. I'm in love with Hershey's Bliss
right now because it's good chocolate and rather cheap. Yum. And hot cocoa is just
a necessity. Whether your kids like the little marshmellows or you're indulging
in some dark chocolate after they're in bed, there's a flavor for everyone :) 

What's on your Winter Survival Kit list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!