Dec 6, 2011

Christmas Traditions

We all know that repetition aids memory, so for me, making and continuing family traditions is a given for creating good memories for your children. Christmas memories are some of my favorites, and I can't wait to continue some of them for Aria and make new ones as our family grows and gets older.

Every year since I was little, my parents would take us to Bronner's Christmas Wonderland and we could all pick out an ornament and sit on Santa's lap. I loved walking into the gigantic, sparkling store and gazing in awe at all the toys they had on the walls, on shelves and hanging from the ceiling. For a kid, it's truly like landing at the North Pole.

We took Aria again this year to see Santa and pick out a couple ornaments this past weekend. She was dazzled by the lights and was slightly overwhelmed at all the toys sitting around within arm shot. :) We took some fun pictures and waited for her group to be called to see Santa. We didn't know how she'd react this year, since last year she was too young to understand what was going on. This year, she loved Santa....until we put her on his pal. I then received the "oh no, you are NOT going to leave me here with him" look, and it was downhill from there. We got a couple pictures, but neither her nor Santa will exceptionally thrilled about the experience. Oh well, we'll just try again next year :)

What are some of your family's Christmas traditions?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!