Jan 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I know, I  know, I kinda skipped over Christmas, and that's coming along with pictures and updates and all sorts of stuff I'm sure only family members will truly be interested in, but I didn't want to get too far into January without wishing all of you a very Happy New Year.
(Update: For some reason, Blogger decided to post my Christmas recap below. Apparently, it thought it knew better than to put Christmas after New Year's.)

We celebrated quietly this year because of the rabid sickness that had infested our home, the fact we returned from WV on New Year's Eve and due to my husband's distaste for large parties. Josh was finally recovering from his bout with the flu, so he was the designated "food finder." This involved him going to Meijer and splurging on a Bertolli frozen meal, some sparkling grape juice and a dozen roses for me *collective, romantic sigh* :) I have a goooood husband.

We watched, as per tradition, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and ate our shrimp. We made it to midnight to see the ball drop and clank our glasses of grape juice together and then promptly headed to bed. Such are the lives of exhausted parents.

What did your family do for New Year's? Did the kids stay up? Did you stay up, or did you find your bed to be the better alternative? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!