Jan 21, 2012

These are the days...

It's been an interesting week with Aria. We've kind of (finally!) started getting into a routine with things throughout the week. Monday, we recoup from the weekend, Tuesday is food prep/grocery shopping day, Wednesday is play day for Aria and I clean the house while she's napping (and later practicing and choir for me while she stays home with Josh,) Thursday is now the day that I teach and we have Bible study, so it's a mad dash everywhere that day and Friday is definitely a bum around day in an attempt to bring the weekend here faster :) It's kinda of nice to have fallen into a somewhat predictable, but still flexible, schedule. It's easier to plan things and get motivated to do what needs to be done.

This week has shown me once again how very fast Aria is growing up, whether it's her new-found love of playing with other kids (thank goodness!) or the slight improvement we're noticing in her verbal skills. I love walking by her door in the morning or as she's waking up and hearing her sing to herself. I love even more when I walk into her room during playtime and seeing her rock and sing to her babies. It just makes my heart smile. I adore watching her play with her new kitchen with its pots and pans - whether she's stirring up some eggs or pouring drinks for everyone, it's so cute to see her really into playing.

Aria also staged her very first "nudey protest" this week.... yep, you read that right. We have a rule that she has to stay in bed for a few minutes after she wakes up to comfort herself and make herself happy before I come in and get her up in the morning. Apparently, on Thursday, she was not down with that routine anymore. When I walked in, she was completely stripped - diaper and all! - and screaming in her crib. I have no idea how long she'd been like that, but it must have been some time because not only was she absolutely freezing cold (it was 8 degrees that morning!) but the whole crib was wet. It was a lovely way to start my morning. Now I'm afraid to leave her in her crib any amount of time at all, because I don't want to relive that experience... we only have so many mattress covers for her. Did your kids every strip down like that? (Mom, for the sake of one of the boy's (who will remain unnamed) ego, please don't answer that question.)

We're trying to get into the routine of cleaning up toys before bed times with Aria, but so far have been unsuccessful. Maybe she's still too young? It's not that she doesn't like picking up the toys and depositing them in a box - she loves that. She just enjoys promptly removing the toy from said box, and placing it in another box, or on the ground, or in a drawer, or in a purse or... well, you get the picture. She's only 18 months, though - am I expecting too much for her age?

Anyways, those are some of the things that happened at our house this week. Today, I'll be (hopefully) reorganizing the desk area. We finished out taxes last night (hooray!) so it looks like a bomb went off in this area. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!