Jan 3, 2012

What's your word?

This year and henceforth forever more, or at least as long as I remember, I'm hoping to have a "Word of the Year." I've been encouraged by many moms and wives in this area since the beginning of December and I think it's a great way to get your family all going in the same direction, heading toward a common goal together.

This year, I want our family to focus on LOVE. I know it seems kinda basic, but that's the point. The basis of family relationships - all relationships, really - is Love. Our relationship with God, our kids, spouses, parents and even those we don't know. It's rooted in Love, and not just a Love for that person. Many times, our actions need to be rooted in Love for Jesus, because we don't always feel like loving people. (I mean, I don't. I hope I'm not the only one who feels that way.) Jesus said that when we so much as give a glass of water in His name, we're doing it to and for Him. We may not feel like volunteering, getting up in the middle of the night with the kid or folding up another load of laundry. In fact, I usually don't. But it's our Love for both the people in our lives and the Person who gave us our life that motivates all action.

Do you have a theme for this year? Is there a common goal you want your family to work toward? Share it here and we can work at it together!



3 comments:

  1. great post! I think our word this year is 'grace'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE it!! The basics are right where it's at ('scuze my southern English!)
    My one word is 'on-purpose' -- living intetnionally in the everyday to be ready for the expected as well as the unexpected.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word for the year is "DO". It's also very basic, but as you said, that is the point! I've blogged it about it on my blog as well. I think LOVE is a perfect word to focus on!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!