Jan 23, 2012

Productive Pinterest-ing

Yes, I know. It sounds like an oxymoron. Most of us feel we waste way too much time pinning and repinnning things on everyone's new favorite site. But I am determined to make some of this work for me and turn into productivity. In fact, it was one of the things I "resolved" to do this new year (we're not a big "resolutions" family, thus the quotation marks. To see my post on this, you can read here.) So, as a brave act of accountability, I'm posting some of the things I've actually done from Pinterest (not as many as I had hoped before I started this post, by the way) and then post some things that I want to do by the end of this year.

As some of my readers now know, we are looking for a new home to move into this spring. My hubby and I have been scouring the web for good prospects, pinching our pennies, and looking for ways to turn a house within our budget into a home we can call our own. This is where Pinterest and I have become buddies. And there are so many ideas I want to utilize to decorate, revamp and customize our new home to my liking.

So, starting out with the ideas I have used as inspiration already...

I have started using these utility totes (available
though my Thirty-one website) to organize my
pantry, and I'm proud to say, it's getting there.
Note: this is not my pantry.
No Source Provided
This caramel idea is for real. And it's
truly delicious. Sweetened condensed
milk put in a crock pot with water for 8
hours. Refrigerate. Yum.
No Source Provided
I really did paint my knife block (although,
again, this isn't my picture.) It's simply
awaiting it's monogram now.
Source


I used this idea for dinner once, and made
egg, sausage and cheese biscuits. The
lovely thing is that they go in for the same
temp and time as the biscuits, so you really
can have dinner done in 15 mins.
Source
I want this on Aria's wall .
Source
There are plenty of other ideas I have put into use. For example, using a business card to reflect the light of your flash for better pictures, using a mason jar as a blender carafe (due to an unfortunate accident, I no longer have the original carafe, so this was genius.) I have also utilized an old skirt hanger (of which there are an over abundance of in my closet) as chip clips. I also purchased many over-sized ornaments on clearance this year after Christmas to decorate with next year. See? You really can get Pinterest to do some good things in your life :)

Now, for the ideas I have on my list to do this year. I will most definitely not be including in this post every single idea, recipe and shortcut I plan on attempting this year, as that would require a book, but there are several ideas that I really hope work out, and I have every intent of blogging about when they do become a reality. Also, many of my pins are for inspiration when we move and I get to re-decorate Aria's room. Not that I don't love her current room; she's just quickly growing out of that "nursery" stage and into the "little girl" stage, so I can't wait to give her a little girl room to match her adorable personality.
           
I have every intention of at least
trying to get a crayon art project
to work in Aria's room. I've seen so
many variations, and this may be
my favorite. Although the "rain"
variation is a close second.
Source
I have already started collecting
bottles of various sizes to do
something like this with. I would love
to put an installation like this in my
windows or on a shelf.
Source - 


I already have the vases, now I just
need to buy the string to wrap them with.
And someplace to put them
when finished :)
Source
Ok, when I looked this up, it was way easier
than I originally thought.
Definitely doing this for our living room.
Source added note: this blog is EXCELLENT
for those who like to decorate on a budget.
I just spent an hour reading
through her old posts.
To see more of the projects I really want to get done this year, you can find my board by clicking here. I would love to have you follow me, and I'll follow you back, so that we can inspire one another with more time and money saving ideas :)

What ideas are you wanting to try out on Pinterest? Which ones have you already tried? Did they work or were they duds? I'd love to hear your experiences!

3 comments:

  1. I love pinterest. I have tried recipes mostly. I'm gonna start on my exercise board this week. And I use my homeschool stuff as a reference and want to try some of the projects for school! The rest is for me to waste time with ;) I love Pinteresting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest and have tried many ideas from there. Party ideas are my favorite!! You've inspired me to do a post. I've got some success stories as well as some fails. haha. Those are always funny. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love inspiring people! :D Just let me know when you do, and I'll link up to your post :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!