Sep 24, 2012

Family Favorite Recipe: Cup 'o Cobbler

Let me start off by saying that this recipe is not original to me. I'm not sure who started it first, but my mom, aunt and grandma have all made this as long as I can remember, and I'm most certainly not going to mess with that kind of tradition. Since we all know what a stellar cook I am, you know if I'm making it that it's going to be easy. Let it also be known that in all the dozens of times I've made this, it's never turned out badly. Ever. That's how easy it is.

There's a reason it's called "Cup 'o Cobbler," and that's because the only measurement you need to remember is 1 cup. Like I said, easy as pie. Or cobbler rather.

1 stick of Butter 
1 cup of Bisquick   
1 cup of Sugar
1 cup of Milk
1 can of peaches OR 1 bag of frozen berries
Cinnamon to taste
Brown Sugar (for crunchy, yummy topping)

I always make this dish in a Pyrex 9x9, because I can just throw the stick of butter in the dish and pop it in the microwave to melt it. The butter needs to be melted completely. While the butter is melting, combine the Bisquick, sugar and milk together. Add this mixture straight to the Pyrex with the now-melted butter. Dump the fruit on top. Add your sprinkling of cinnamon and/or brown sugar as desired. Bake at 350 for about 40 mins, or until golden brown and bubbly. Bam. That's it. 

GB&B
(golden brown and bubbly)
My family really has no preference between the peach an berry variations of this classic - they're both delicious. In fact, the last time I made this, I accidentally used peach pie filling instead of canned peaches, and it was just as yummy. That's how fail-proof this is. It's the perfect EASY ending to a meal when it's both chilly outside or for a summer evening. Who doesn't love cobbler?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!