Jul 9, 2012

Big-Girl-Bed Time?

Since we are about to add another baby to our family, and we didn't want to buy a second crib for obvious reasons, we have decided that around the time we move will be when we transition Aria over to her "big girl bed." But I'm freaking out a little bit. If you have read our blog at all, you know that she loves to move around, and is not at all a fan of remaining in one place, specifically for sleeping. We have decided to move her into a daybed, since they already have 3 raised sides, and we can simply add a protective rail to keep her from falling out of bed in the middle of the night, but I'm not so naive to think that it will stop her from climbing out whenever she wants. 

When did you move your child to a "big kid bed?" Did they start in a toddler-sized bed or go straight to a twin bed? How did you teach them to stay in bed at night? I'm at a bit of a loss, and I have a feeling I'll have plenty of other things to deal with when I'm 8 months pregnant than just keeping my toddler in her bed at night. 

Could this really have been a year and a half ago?
Even then, she was wanting OUT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!