Jul 2, 2012

Pinterest Birthday Treats

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I really do make an effort to actually use Pinterest ideas I find and not just blow hours and hours of time on there for naught, which is very easy for an aspiring Creative to do. This weekend seemed the perfect time to try one of those easy but yummy desserts with it being my hubby's birthday. His love for Reese's made this one a sure winner. Also the fact that very little actual work was involved was very appealing to me - I am anything but a master chef or baker.

The steps and results are super easy and super delicious. All you'll need is a brownie mix (mine called for oil, water and eggs as well,) Reese's cups - one per treat - and frozen cookie dough. I used plain old chocolate chip, but I'm sure any flavor would be yummy.

1. Smoosh 1 - 1 1/2 blocks of the cookie dough into the bottom of your cupcake pan, like so. This works best if the dough is not frozen solid.


I had to use a spoon, since the dough was
frozen pretty solid at the time. 


2. Place Reese's cups on top of now smooshed cookie dough. 

Doesn't have to be pretty, folks, just yummy.

3. Pour brownie mix over the Reese's and cookie dough. I poured just enough to cover the Reese's cup, and it was perfect.

(Yes, mom, I cleaned the edges of my pan so the mix
wouldn't bake on there and stain my pan :) )

4. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. I used a non-stick pan, and had no issues getting the treats out with a butter knife.

I'm sure you could easily make a less processed version of this, but like I said, I'm no chef, and this was super easy for me. My husband loved them and they were perfect for his birthday party - portable, portion-sized and easy to stick a candle in, if that's your thing :) 


Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!