Jul 26, 2012

Happy birthday, Aria-Bug!

Two years ago today at this point, I was holding my baby girl who was less than 5 hours old. I couldn't stop staring at this little bundle of sweetness, and I couldn't believe how much I loved her. I mean, I loved her to death when I was pregnant with her, but I couldn't believe how much you just absolutely fall in love with your child when they're born.

Although from the day that she was born, she's been a daddy's girl, she'll always be my little girl. I still can't believe when I look at her that it's been 2 years. I remember the day (rather, very early morning) she was born like it was yesterday. I was so relieved to have that awful pregnancy done, and to by honest, labor and delivery with her really wasn't that bad - I truly got lucky.

In the past 2 years since that day, she has changed our lives in so many ways and taught me so much about love and myself, and I'm sure Josh would say the same thing. I have begun (but not by any means finished) leaning the endless patience required to raise a child. I have learned to make even the most insignificant moments memorable. I have learned that sleep is the most precious commodity that one cannot buy.... besides time. Time is so precious.

So even though we're not celebrating Aria's birthday this year until Saturday, today is always the day that brings back all those memories of first diapers changes, first snuggles and all the joy that went along with being a mommy.


Aria's first picture just a few seconds after being born.

Aria today - exactly 2 years later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!