Jul 26, 2012

Operation Potty Training: Day 3

Honestly, Day 3 was probably our worst day so far. We had the most accidents, and I wasn't feeling well, so everything was that much more exhausting. However, before we get to day 3, let me tell you about the epic ending to Day 2.

As I mentioned in the blog post for that day, I was very worried about whatever was going to happen when Aria finally had to go *ahem* #2. This time, my fears were justified. Aria had been sitting on the couch reading books, and I was texting someone. When I looked up, she was no longer on the couch, and during this stage of potty training, I really don't want her leaving my sight for very long. I saw her over near the front hallway, and just as I stood up saying "Aria bug, can you come here, please?" she comes running to me saying, "Mommy! Icky chocolate!" For future reference, that is never a phrase you want to hear coming from your toddler's mouth. I'm not exactly sure the exact order of events, but there was a perfect little log sitting on my side table, and Aria's hands were covered in "icky chocolate." After putting her in the bathtub and sanitizing the side table, I realized it really could have been a lot worse. But that was still nasty.

Like I said, throughout the course of Day3, Aria had the most accidents so far. 3 or 4 I believe. But she still went in her potty 5 times, so all was not entirely lost.

And the journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your input and experiences!